How it all works ?
1. You make a commitment of buying a training program in November / December - PaknSave team -this gives ES the chance to be able to plan, hire coaches and do the logistics for the coming season and at the same time PaknSave needs the commitment early to know how their sponsorship commitment will be targeted and how many athletes have bought into the sponsorship and therefore know their commitment needed
2. ES programs are a commitment of a number of days per winter - ranging from 15 days our minimum commitment to 50 days our full time athlete program.
3. NEW 2021 - there will be group of 25 athletes sponsored by PaknSave, there will be no additions to this group once the 25 athletes are finalised in December, any other ES teams/groups will train separate to the PnS sponsored team
The PaknSave development group made up of 25 athletes, is a ring fenced team, booked on a first come first served basis.
Exclusive early morning training, Speed Test, Skills Test, personalized race bibs and 3 dedicated coaches.
4. NEW 2021 - Race days are now included in the PaknSave 30 and 50 day programs
3 x Interfields Porters
2 x Interfields Mt Hutt
6 x National Youth Races - Coronet Peak, Mt Hutt and Cardrona GS and SL
2 x National Youth Races SG races
Use your program days for either coaching days or race support days
Therefore there are no extra race coaching support costs and the coaching at races in now included in the program package. you can choose to use your days purchased for ONLY training if you are a Masters or FIS athlete.
5. You can use your days bought at any of our training in NZ, Porters, Rainbow and Snowplanet or any of our camps.
6. Each week you will receive an email detailing the coming weekend's training at our base areas or camps, there will also be details on any midweek training, you can then choose which days and where you would like to train - returning a brief email detailing your plans.
7. If you use all your original program days then you can purchase additional days @ the original daily cost.
8. There will be an athlete approval process from our PAKnSAVE sponsor and myself, all Athletes will be invited to join the 2 sponsored programs based on them representing the Elite Ski team values and PaknSave brand with the respect these entities deserve
We try to do 4 hours on snow per day, however if the weather is inclement then we could run a shortened day, but if the weather is very good then we can run a longer day on snow, we try and be flexible and maximize the best snow and weather conditions.
a normal training day is
9 am on snow
2 x 2hr sessions with a lunch break at 11 am
However we do run early morning sessions at both Porters, this helps us maximize snow time outside of public times.
an early morning day might look like this
8 am on snow, GS session to 9.30am, break for 30 mins then 2-2.5 hr session, finish 12.30/1.00 pm.
Our sessions can be any of the following
SL, GS, SG, gates, stubbies, brushes. free ski tech coaching, free ski all mountain with coach.
we use the following coaching tools
video + video analysis
timing equipment for timed training runs